Friday, June 6, 2008

blogging

I don't particularly enjoying blogging and have already had one failed attempt at enticing, entertaining, and informing the masses with my morsels of literary imperfection, but at the urging of not a small amount of friends and family, I am back in the blogging saddle. I don't promise to be consistent in my postings, but I'll give it a shot.

A quick review of where I've been and what I'm doing now...I lived the past 2 and a half years in the Dominican Republic, working in schools and orphanages. Now, I am on my way to Sudan to continue in the same type of work, with a temporary stop in Beirut to try to learn a bit of Arabic.

A life of this sort appears quite exciting to the average individual, and sometimes mine lives up to it's billing. These are the times when keeping up with this blogging thing is quite easy. Unfortunately, and much to the chagrin of my faithful readers, there are often weeks and even months that go by in which nothing happens that I deem worthy of sharing with the world. It's during these times that I will struggle to satisfy the demanding masses, but I strive to fare better than my previous unsuccessful attempt at regular posting.

No comments: